The angel said to the women at the tomb, “He is not here; for he has been raised.” . . . Jesus said to his disciples, “And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:6, 20
“Easter people, raise your voices, sounds of heaven in earth should ring. Christ has brought us heaven’s choices; heavenly music, let it ring. Alleluia! Alleluia! Easter people, let us sing. Every day to us is Easter, with its resurrection song.” These words from the popular Easter song by William M. James, “Easter People, Raise Your Voices”, couldn’t be more true. Christ is risen and Christ is with us to the end of the age. Every day to us is Easter! Every day brings opportunity for new life. Every day we can raise our resurrection song.
Our next Grace worship series, beginning April 30 and running through May 28, is titled, “Easter People”. We will be considering stories of Easter people from the Bible and Easter people from our own Grace family. Each week we will be pairing a Biblical story of new life and resurrection with a personal Grace family member story of new life and resurrection. Stories of new life will come from the Old Testament, from the gospel of Mark, from the book of Acts, and from our contemporary friends and family. Our faith is a resurrection faith – from before Jesus walked this earth, through the time Jesus walked this earth, and ever since Jesus walked this earth. This Easter season is the time to celebrate most fully our resurrection faith.
During this beautiful spring resurrection season, I encourage you to:
- Take weekly (if not daily) walks in the beauty of nature’s new life.
- Read the stories of Christ’s resurrection from each of the gospels (Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20).
- Take time weekly (if not daily) to recount to yourself moments of resurrection/renewed life in your own life.
- Remember and re-read your favorite stories of healings or new life in the Bible. Internalizing a favorite story of healing would be very special during this season.
- Take time once or twice during this month to share stories of new life with a friend or family member. Share a story of your own with someone, invite him/her to share a story with you.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Easter people let us sing.