- Pentecost Sunday, May 15, Worship Service, 10:30am
Join Grace this Sunday to celebrate Pentecost Sunday! Wear RED to commemorate the the power of the Holy Ghost filling all those gathered in Jerusalem that day. Pastor Sherry’s message is entitled “The Power of Many, The Power of One” and the scripture telling will be from Acts 2. Grace is for Everyone!
- Lunch and Learn, Sunday, May 15, 12:00 p.m., Fellowship Hall
The Service and Missions Team welcomes Chaplain Willy Templeton from the Montgomery County Jail to Grace UMC! Chaplain Templeton will be discussing the Chaplaincy Program at the jail. Please plan to attend! Lunch will be provided. All are welcome!
- Growing In Grace II – Rejoice and Renew!
Assuredly we are Growing in Grace! We are steadily moving forward toward what we need to keep Grace as the anchor it has always been for the neighborhood and the wider community. Our latest total of pledges and one-time gifts is $319,803. Praise God! If you have not yet made a pledge, please do so as soon as possible. You may drop your pledge card in the offering plate during worship. Pledge cards are available on Sunday morning or you can contact the church office. Please commit your resources to Grace so that we can remain a blessing to all inside and outside these walls. Rejoice and Renew!
- Mark your calendar for upcoming events at Grace!
- Saturday, May 21 – Kitty Dittrick Memorial Service, 2:00 pm
- Sunday, May 22 – Special Musical Worship Service: Grace Choir, Seventh Day Adventist Church Choir, special soloists and orchestra
- Thursday, May 26* – African Film Screening and Discussion
(*Note – date change)
Meditation: “I will pour out my spirit on all flesh.” (Joel 2:28)
“All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:4)
On that Pentecost day so long ago, the power of the one spirit of God gave power to the many diverse peoples gathered in Jerusalem, and the Christian church was given birth. Again in these days, as we gather in this time of Pentecost may we gather in the full diversity of God’s people and be empowered anew by the one spirit of God to be God’s many people of one love.
Grace and peace,