This Sunday, October 4, is Worldwide Communion Sunday, and we will be able to celebrate it in the sanctuary! The sanctuary has been cleaned and there are designated places to sit that will allow social distancing. We will follow these procedures:
When entering Grace UMC you are required to:
- Cover your face with a mask.
- You will be provided one, if needed.
- Sanitize your hands at the nearest dispenser.
- Socially distance (6 ft.) from those not in your family.
- Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact digital thermometer.
Parking and Entering the Church
- All Grace attendees at the 10:30 service should park in the Harvard (lower) Parking Lot. (Google Maps will direct you to this entrance automatically.)
- Once inside, an usher at the Harvard entrance will direct you 1 ) to turn right and enter the Sanctuary by the piano (Yellow Side) or 2) will send you straight ahead to the Madonna Hallway where you will turn right and walk to the convergence of three hallways at the Jesus Statue. An usher will then assist you to your seat (Blue Side).
- Those in wheel chairs should proceed straight ahead, then turn right on Madonna Hallway and proceed to the elevator at the convergence of three hallways near the Jesus statue. An usher will then assist you.
While in the Sanctuary
- The congregation and our staff are required to wear masks at all times.
- You should remain in your designated seat and follow Social Distancing (6 ft.) at all times in the Sanctuary.
- Understand you may not be able to sit in your usual seat.
- There will be no singing as it contributes to the spread of the virus.
- Be flexible and show grace to one another as we return to worship in this lovely place!
- Please refrain from shaking hands and hugging in the Sanctuary.
- Bulletins will be distributed by the Ushers.
- Offering plates will be located near the doors as you leave the Sanctuary.
- If you need to use the restroom, exit through the narthex and follow Prophet’s Hallway back to the Jesus statue where ushers will guide you to a restroom.
Leaving the Sanctuary After the Service
- When leaving the Sanctuary, Ushers will designate specific rows on the Blueside, plus the Blue half of the center section, to rise and exit the Blue door at the front and leave the Sanctuary as they entered, i.e. proceed to Madonna Hall and turn left to exit the building by way of the Harvard Parking Lot door.
- When leaving the Sanctuary, Ushers on the Yellow side will designate specific rows to rise, along with the Yellow half of the center section, and exit the Yellow door at the front, leaving the building as they entered, i.e. by way of the Harvard Parking Lot door.
- The process will be similar to wedding ushering procedures, with sequenced spacing of people to approximate ‘social distancing’.